Fentanyl test strips can quickly and reliably test for the presence of fentanyl.
Fentanyl Test Strip Training Video
Fentanyl test strips (FTS) are lateral flow chromatographic immunoassay test strips designed to quickly and cheaply test urine for the presence of fentanyl. Harm reduction advocates established that FTS can also be used to test liquid samples for the presence of fentanyl, allowing pre-consumption testing of samples to check if fentanyl is present or not.
Please watch CCDPH’s Fentanyl test trip training video above, and scroll down for more information and resources on this important overdose prevention tool.
Fentanyl Test Strip Resources:
- View and download CCDPH’s “How to use a fentanyl test strip” handout.
- Click here for more information on fentanyl safety for first responders.
- Click here to visit the National Harm Reduction Coalition (NHRC) webpage on fentanyl.
- For community-based organizations serving suburban Cook County only: click here to order fentanyl test strips for your organization.
Organizations in suburban Cook County that can provide fentanyl test strips upon request include:
- Live4Lali, delivery services available – click here to learn more.
- The Chicago Recovery Alliance (CRA), Harvey mobile van site & Cicero mobile van site & delivery services available – click here to view the outreach timetable with locations.
Organizations in Chicago that can provide fentanyl test strips upon request include:
- The Chicago Recovery Alliance (CRA), mobile van outreach sites throughout Chicago every day – click here to view the outreach timetable with locations.
- The Chicago Department of Public Health, contact [email protected] to place an order, pick-up at the downtown office at 333 S State St, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Questions or a request for additional fentanyl test strip resources? Please fill out this form and we will be in touch.
Looking for the naloxone training video? Click the button below to be re-directed to that page.Naloxone Training Video
Updated May 24, 2022, 5:29 PM