On Jan. 30, The second CDC-confirmed case was announced in the husband of the first case jointly by Chicago, Cook County and Illinois departments of public health. He was also the first case of human-to-human transmission in the U.S. Read the press release in English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
Previous Press Releases
- Public Health Department Asks Health Care Workers of Suburban Cook County to Complete Vaccination Survey
- Public Health Department Urges Safe New Year Celebrations
- Cook County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan
- CCDPH Issues COVID-19 Mitigation Order 2020-2 to Support Tier 3 Mitigation Enforcement
- Health Department Launches Law-Enforcement Driven Deflection and Naloxone Distribution Initiative to Fight Opioid Overdose