We are working with schools to keep children and school staff healthy and to limit the spread of COVID-19
As a reminder, our jurisdiction does not include the cities of Chicago, Evanston, Oak Park, Skokie, or Stickney Township.
Click here for COVID-19 FAQs for Schools & Children
0.5 Children (1)
Cook County COVID Metric
IDPH does direct-ship for some schools. CCDPH requires pick up in Oak Forest.
If schools work with the SHIELD program, they will also assist with the following for BinaxNOW: training, reporting, CLIA waiver, physician standing order. They will still need to order BinaxNOW tests through CCDPH or IDPH.
SHIELD signup via emailing Beth Heller, Senior Director of External Affairs for SHIELD, at [email protected] or clicking here.
COVID Vaccine Information
Reporting to CCDPH
- CCDPH Travel Guidance
- CDC Guidance and Materials for Schools and Childcare Facilities
- CDC Guidance for Colleges and Universities
- IDPH Adaptive Pause and Metrics
- IDPH Childcare Guidance
- IDPH Exclusion Guidance (Decision Tree for Symptomatic Individuals)
- IDPH Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Schools
- IDPH Releasing COVID-19 Cases from Isolation and Quarantine
- IBHE COVID resources
- ISBE Guidance Webpage
- Restore Illinois Plan
School Webinar Series
In partnership with Cook County Intermediate Service Centers, CCDPH is hosted a series of informational webinars to help schools prepare for the school year and address questions and concerns from school personnel.
To register click here.