Get Vaxxed and Boosted
Vaccination continues to be our best weapon against COVID. Getting vaccinated will protect you and others from severe symptoms or complications from COVID that could lead to missed work or school, lost income or benefit time, hospitalization or death. Vaccines and boosters are safe, effective and free to all, regardless of insurance or immigration status. They cannot give you COVID and will not affect or interact with your DNA.
- Everyone 6 months and older is eligible to receive a COVID vaccine (1st, 2nd and 3rd doses). Find free vaccines at covid.gov or myshotcookcounty.com.
- All children, including children who have already had COVID-19, should get vaccinated. COVID-19 vaccines have undergone—and will continue to undergo—the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history.
Distribution of pediatric vaccinations for children ages 6 months to 5 years has begun across the country. Check the following to see where vaccines are available near you:
- Pediatricians’ or family physicians’ offices
- CCDPH mobile vaccination clinics (including at schools, events, churches, etc.)
- Cook County Health clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Pharmacies (for children 3 years and older)
- At home through CCDPH’s in-home vaccination program (see Get Vaxxed & Boosted at Home, below)
CCDPH is working closely with schools and community partners to communicate all of the options for childhood vaccination.
People are protected best from severe COVID-19 illness when they stay up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines – which includes getting all recommended boosters when eligible. Booster shots are recommended for everyone ages 5 and up.
- CDC now recommends that children ages 5 through 11 years receive a booster shot 5 months after their initial vaccination series.
- CDC also recommends that those 12 and older who are immunocompromised and those 50 and older receive a second booster dose at least 4 months after their first booster. Visit the CDC website to find out when or if you (or your child) can get one or more COVID-19 boosters. To find free booster shots near you, visit covid.gov or myshotcookcounty.com.
Get a free ride to your vaccination. CCDPH is partnering with Kaizen Health to offer FREE rides to and from your vaccinations. Kaizen can provide vehicles to accommodate most residents, including those in wheelchairs or those who require child seats at no cost. Schedule rides by calling 833-308-1988.
Get Vaxxed & Boosted at Home
The Cook County Department of Public Health is providing in-home COVID-19 vaccinations for all suburban Cook County residents who are eligible for a dose.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Live in CCDPH’s jurisdiction of suburban Cook County (excluding Evanston, Oak Park, Skokie and Stickney Township which have their own health departments), AND:
- Be 6 months old and older to receive 1st, 2nd, and 3rd doses of recommended vaccines
- Be 5 years or older to receive recommended boosters
To sign up for in-home vaccination:
Call our hotline at 833-309-1988
Hotline hours are Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Apply online at bit.ly/homevaccine
One of our vaccination partners will call you to schedule an appointment. Please be patient while we work through a large number of requests.
Links to additional vaccination information and resources
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) | CDC
- Clinical Guidance for COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens | CDC
- Resources to Promote the COVID-19 Vaccine for Children & Teens | CDC
Twitter Graphics in English and Spanish
LinkedIn Graphics in English and Spanish
COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendation Under 5 Graphics
Updated June 23, 2022, 5:33 PM