Youth Health Status
The Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) provides comprehensive population, health behavior, disease and injury data for residents of suburban Cook County. Some data is available by geographic areas including suburban Cook County, CCDPH’s jurisdiction, and district (see Suburban Cook County Community and District map).
If you do not find the data you are looking for, please complete the Data Request Form and you will be contacted regarding your request.
- 2010-2012 Overweight and Obesity Prevalence Among School-Aged Children in Suburban Cook County Illinois, Released 09-30-13
- 2010-2012 School Day Physical Activity Among Children in Suburban Cook County, Illinois, Released 09-30-13
- Assessment of Elementary School Meals in Suburban Cook County, Illinois, Released 09-30-13
Demographics by School and District
School Health Profiles
Illinois Youth Survey
- 2010 Illinois Youth Survey for Suburban Cook County
- 64% of 6th graders surveyed said getting alcohol was difficult, compared to only 10% of 12th graders who thought it was difficult.
- 2012 Illinois Youth Survey for Suburban Cook County
- 2% of 6th grade students stated they tried smoking cigarettes in the previous year. However, 21% of 12th graders stated they used cigarettes in the previous year.
- 2014 Illinois Youth Survey for Suburban Cook County
- There were 22% of 10 graders that stated that they had been in a physical fight within the last year.
- 2016 Illinois Youth Survey for Suburban Cook County
- 13% of 10th graders used marijuana in the last 30 days, whereas 27% of high school seniors used marijuana.
- 2018 Illinois Youth Survey for Suburban Cook County
- The majority of 12th graders that used tobacco or vaping products had bought them at the mall or gas station, or had a friend give the products to them.
- 2020 Illinois Youth Survey for Suburban Cook County
- The most common method of using marijuana is smoking (77%) and vape pens (69%) for 12th graders. 98%-99% of all high schoolers never used synthetic marijuana.
Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS)
CCDPH is conducting the Suburban Cook County Youth Risk Behavior Survey of high school students. Please click here for more information.
Youth Health Status
Community Health Status Assessments
Cook County Data Portal
Updated October 7, 2020, 11:50 AM