COVID-19 Test Kits for Organizations
CCDPH has free COVID-19 test BinaxNOWTM and iHealthTM COVID-19 test kits for select organizations for distribution to vulnerable and high-risk populations based on: COVID-19 surveillance data for suburban Cook County, CCDPH’s COVID-19 Community Vulnerability Index, and State and Federal guidance.
COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Request Form
Organizations in suburban Cook County who are currently testing or have the capacity to use rapid antigen testing for COVID-19 are encouraged to request rapid point-of-care tests (BinaxNOW™ and iHealth™ COVID-19 tests) using the CCDPH COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Request Form.
Organizations should submit one application per site (e.g.one application per school, one application per hospital, etc.).
Please submit test requests as needed, but no more than one time per week.
- Organizations may not get the requested amount of test kits.
- The amount of test kits allocated is subject to available resources and CCDPH’s resource prioritization process.
- Recipients are currently expected to pick up their supply from a location in Oak Forest. If this is not possible, please contact CCDPH.
- Applications are only accepted for sites in suburban Cook County. Sites in the city of Chicago and sites in suburban Cook County areas with their own state-certified health department (Evanston, Oak Park, and Stickney Township) should submit to their respective health department.
COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Materials Provided Per Kit
BinaxNOW Materials Provided Per Kit:
- Test Cards (2): A cardboard, book-shaped hinged test card containing the test strip
- Extraction Reagent (2)
- Nasal Swabs (2): Sterile swabs for use with BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card test
- Product Insert (1)
iHealth Materials Provided Per Kit:
- COVID-19 Test Card(s) (2 per box)
- Nasal Swab(s) (2 per box)
- Tube(s) (2 per box)
- Lay User Instruction for Use (1 per box)
About the BinaxNOW™ and iHealth™ COVID-19 Tests
The BinaxNOW™ and iHealth™ COVID-19 tests are lateral flow tests that detect the presence of protein antigens from SARS-CoV-2 in individuals suspected of COVID-19 within the first seven days of symptom onset. These U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized diagnostic tests do not require any instrumentation to test the samples and instead determine a COVID-19 negative or positive result in about 15 minutes using a test card.
The FDA has extended the expiration dates:
Updated January 26, 2023, 4:35 PM