Learn steps to protect yourself and others by washing hands with soap and warm water often, cleaning frequently touched surfaces, covering coughs and sneezes, avoiding sick people and keeping your germs to yourself if you are sick.
Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions (such as asthma, heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, HIV or are pregnant) may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19. Learn more.
Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) serves 2.5 million residents and 127 municipalities in suburban Cook County, excluding Evanston, Oak Park, Skokie and Stickney Township, which have their own state-certified health departments.
CCDPH has been working around the clock with public health and emergency management counterparts at all levels of government to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic since the first COVID-19 case was identified on Jan. 24 in a Chicago area resident. This has included case investigations, contact tracing and monitoring; disease surveillance and control; and providing situational updates and guidance to the public, media and partners.
We are committed to ensuring that suburban Cook County residents, partners, elected officials and the media get trusted, accurate information about our local situation and response. This section of our website is intended to be a ‘one-stop shop’ for information about COVID-19 in suburban Cook County.
Connect with us
- Cook County ShinyApp for the latest data
- Call the CCDPH COVID-19 Hotline at 708-836-4755, Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Main phone number 708-633-4000
- Email [email protected]
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Text ALERTCOOK (one-word) to 888-777 for text alerts
- Resource requests: Visit Resource Requests page and/or download form here.
- Healthcare providers, hospitals, assisted living and long-term care facilities: To report an illness or death call 708-633-4000 and follow prompts 24/7
Connect with IDPH
- IDPH Hotline: 1-800-889-3931
- IDPH email [email protected]
- IDPH Text Alerts: For English, text “COVID” to 312-500-3836. For Spanish, text “COVID ESP” to 312-500-3836.